Get legal advice on your terms.
I offer flexible services and fees.
Whether you’re seeking a lawyer who can assist you throughout the entire legal process or looking for limited scope legal advice, I can help. My service and fee structure can accommodate your personal preferences and financial situation.
- I charge a flat fee of $300 (plus HST) for an initial consultation.
- Please expect our initial consultation to take 1 to 1.5 hours.
- I ask that you complete a client information form ahead of time so we can focus on your most pressing legal issues.
- Full legal representation: Should you wish me to act on your behalf for the entire legal process, I will request a retainer fee upfront. This fee, essentially a deposit for future services, will be held in my firm’s trust account and applied to future invoices. The retainer amount depends on the complexity of your case.
- Limited scope (unbundled services): For clients who wish to represent themselves, I can help on a limited scope retainer. For example, if you’re looking for independent legal advice, or need a document drafted, limited scope may be a good option for you.
- Flat fees: I offer some of my services, such as uncontested divorce or a foreign divorce opinion letter, for a flat fee.
Full fee disclosure: When it comes to money, nobody likes surprises. Rest assured that we will discuss my fees and hourly rate in detail before commencing our work together.
Invoicing and payment
- I issue itemized invoices regularly to give you a clear picture of the work I’ve undertaken on your behalf, and to ensure you always know where we stand financially.
- I respectfully ask that you please submit payment for invoices immediately upon receipt.
- Payment can be made in cash, by cheque, Visa or Mastercard, or via e-transfer.